Saturday, September 4, 2010

If bear market is the best time to buy stocks/ other assets, then why don’t people buy during bear markets ?

In A Bear Market Its Easier For A Person To Admit That He Has Committed A Murder Or Has Stolen Something Than To Agree That He Owns Shares of a co.. Why so? Because the shares prices have been falling at a very fast pace for many months at a stretch, the gullible common investors who had bought foolishly at or near the top level of the indices –Sensex at 21300 in Dec2007,& at 6200 in Dec1999-have lost huge sums of money as it is common for the indices to fall 60% from their top- Sensex falls to 9000by Feb2009 & to 2900in Jan 2003. There is huge amount of negative publicity regarding owning shares. Yours truly also, when I started with speculation in 1999, lost all my meager savings. It was then that I decided that I will make huge sum of money . I looked for the people who hagd been the best in making money from equity markets. This led me to Warren Buffett, later Peter Lynch, Philip Fisher . By following the investment philosophy of these living legends, since 2000 my fund has been generating 30% compounded return p.a.. What that means is that Rs. 1 lakh invested under guidance of Vitastaa Investments & C. in year 2000 is worth about Rs. 10.6 lakhs by year end 2009.

p.s. I am wriring this blog after some time as the months of April, May,July, August, October, November January & February are the busiest for me as I have to update the financial performance of about 2000 cos. I keep track of.

No comments: